The San Miguel MetOpera Trust, A.C. is committed to funding the following projects annually, with 100% of our funding coming from the private sector.
The Metropolitan Opera National Council (MONC) Mexico District auditions
- $8000 USD: Winner prize of $1000 USD to 4-8 audition winners in December, 2020.
- $2000USD: “Encouragement awards” of $250USD to 4 to 8 singers.
- $3200USD: USA tourist visas to travel to the next rounds for 4-8 winners.
- Additional funds for pianists, interpreters, technology, public relations.
The Mexico District Prelude to New Orleans
- $10,000USD: Honoraria to two American opera professionals and two Mexican professionals for 4 days of winners’ coaching/training
- $2,000USD: technology, recording, live streaming.
The Mexico District Winners’ Concert
- Winners’ Concert Extraordinario, in March, 2021, inviting back ALL Mexico District audition winners, from 2018, 2019 and 2020, with chorus and orchestra in a spectacular venue in San Miguel de Allende.
- $7,400USD: singer travel and honoraria.
- $6,000USD: travel & honoraria – orchestra, chorus, stage & music directors, rehearsal pianists
- $2,500USD: technology; recording, live streaming, conversion to virtual as necessary
The San Miguel MetOpera Trust, A.C. is a Non-Profit Organization, with donataria autorizada status granted by the Servicio de Administración Tributaria (SAT) to grant tax deductibility against income earned in Mexico.
Tax Deductibility is available to United States Tax payers through the San Miguel Community Foundation.